11/01/2005

Trick or Treat

This year, I had the idea to give out something different instead of our standard chocolate treats (since I couldn't enjoy the leftovers). Wendy's was selling coupon books for free Frosty's so we bought those instead. I was feeling pretty good about our cool goodies until Mike burst my bubble right before the first Trick or Treaters arrived. "You'll have to get the door and give them out. They're lame treats." "WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me before...?" Ding Dong. I was mortified and opened the door, my face flushed only to be staring at Darth Vader. "I apologize for the lame treats Mr. Vadar, but we just wanted to do something different this year." I did not even try to use any of my sales techniques. Darth reassured me that it was ok and seemed happy with the treat. In fact, everyone was quite thrilled. One group of high school boys said something about our house being the best one yet. So it was cool after all. Shew, here I thought that we were going to be egged.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

people still egg?