11/04/2005

Friday I'm in Love

Tonight is our first date night since we instituted the weekly tradion recently. Mike and I have been out alone only once since Lucas was born 8 months ago. It's tough to do without shelling out big bucks for a baby sitter (and we are not sure that we are entirely trusting of any one besides other parents yet). How much do baby sitters charge now anyway? I was $5 per hour years ago.

We are not going out, but dating at home once Lucas goes to bed at 8 pm. Our typical date these days involves renting a DVD or turning on the T.V. There has got to be more to do than this but after almost 11 years together, we have run out of ideas/creativity. My friend suggested lighting candles, drinking wine and just talking. Now we are on to something. I just have to buy some candles and wine. Any other at home hot date ideas? And no, Mike, it can't include the freakin' computer or office;-).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a great idea. How about we rent a PS2 game, then play it under candle light while drinking wine. That way, we wouldn't be renting a DVD, nor would be on the computer or in the office. We could combine fun for me and romance for you.

Besides, after 10+ years together, what is there left to talk about anyway.

-The totally kidding husband

Unknown said...

Isn't than an 80s song from The Cure? or The Coors.....or something like that.


boy, i'm awful at music.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Yep, it's a Cure song. But it was from the early 90's not the 80's. The Cure was one of my favorite groups back then.