11/12/2005

Picture Perfect

Yesterday we attempted to get a family portrait done at Olan Mills for our Christmas cards. It was a doomed attempt from the get go. I tried to make an appointment about 10 times, but everytime I called the studio the phone just rang and rang. It was infuriating to me. Just get freakin' voice mail people! I hate bad customer service. They have the best deal in town, though, so I just put up with it rather than find another photographer. Finally we decided to just go in and either get an immediate time slot if available or schedule it while there.

I'd been thinking about what we would wear to somewhat coordinate together all week. Unfortunately, when getting dressed we found most of the clothes chosen needed ironing (or washing). Anxious to go, we hoped that the stains and wrinkles wouldn't show up in the photo.

Right before we left, Lucas did a face plant from standing into a toy filled bucket. He only screamed for a few seconds until I comforted him, but he had an long, angry red mark on his cheek. It looked awful.

As we were loading into the car and Mike was grumbling about how bad the timing of the photo was. I lost it and started lauging like a lunatic. The picture may turn out terrible but what memories we would have. In the end, we had to schedule it for later next week. Maybe we'll all be healed, washed and unwrinkled by then. Probably not.

1 comment:

running shoes said...

all this just means that you are normal and not the prissy, perfect people that are so annoying.