11/09/2005

Shattered

Gone are the dreams of Lucas gracing the covers of the magazines and wearing a thong diaper for the Baby Abercrombie catalog.

The appointment went well, as far as he was concerned. He was well behaved and cute as usual. I was praying about it on the drive there and I heard a voice in my head saying, "Turn around and go home." Hmmmm, not a good sign. The voice could have been my own, yet I kept hearing it. I figured that there was no harm in checking it out, though. The "agency" seemed like a shady establishment as soon as we entered with cheap modern furniture, a loud animal print rug and blaring disco music. We met with the "producer" and she showed me all these business cards for children that they represent. In the end, I asked if there was any cost to the parents and she waved it off as only a few hundred dollars for the photos. A few hundred turned out to be almost $700 to over a thousand depending on the package that you chose. I am supposed to call her back today to see if they want Lucas. Whatever, we don't want them. Scam artists.

No comments: