11/01/2005

My old friend

I almost gave up on you. After years spent together, I thought that I was over you and didn't need you in my life anymore. You made me feel guilty when I wasn't around you and started costing me too much money. And then I decided to give you one last try, went for a jog, and I'm hooked once again. At least for now.

The weather is great and I am trying to get back into running. I just can't seem to get motivated or into a routine without a partner. I may have solved the partner problem, though. I have a "date" with a new potential next Wednesday. She lives in the next neighborhood and is a mom of a little one Lucas' age. We'll see if it works out. She may even be interested in doing a full or half marathon. There still is hope for us yet. Now if I can only find some new shoes. My favorite kind, Mizuno Legends, are no longer being made. Curses. Even the shoe manufacturers are trying to keep us apart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

am i being replaced????


remember when we did those goofy skipping things at the end of our run by the north building? know what I'm talking about? am i making this up????

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I think that they are called fairy hops and are a kindof stretch/warm up. Remember butt kicks and the guy that was doing them pre-EPCOT 5K...and how I imitated him and we laughed. Such fun memories! You still coming in the spring?

running shoes said...

I'm answering your plea for help with some advice. You can still purchase the Legends from road runner sports, www.roadrunnersports.com/cgi-bin/rrs/rrs/rrSearchResults.jsp?catOID=-9183
Or if you let me know your size I will see if my shop has any more. You may want to get two pairs, since it may be the last time you find them anywhere.

Unknown said...

wow. i just got a mental image of spandex man in Epcot.

shiver.

i also remember being excited to see that glorious Epcot view....and running for a good mile by port-a-potties in a parking lot.