11/28/2005

Pooped

Well, I survived hosting my first Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey turned out delicious and to my knowledge no one got sick or died after eating it. AND I ate whatever I wanted as a special exception to my awful diet. Lucas has shown no signs of reaction (yet anyway). Yeah!

I have been exhausted from all of the precleaning, decorating, dishes before and after (we finally used the wedding china), cooking and all of my other day-to-day stuff. I also made a wicked turkey soup afterwards with the carcass (how gross does that sound?).

We even decorated our house for Christmas with the nativity set, tree and candles. The boy loves it, especially the tree that is all lit up and spinning, and full of yummy looking ornaments he wants to put in his mouth. The bottom foot of the tree is naked, though, so he can't grab one and pull it down.

Only 28 days until Christmas and 26 days until his first flight across the country! So much shopping, packing and preparing yet to do. I need a nap.

No comments: