5/12/2006

On Aging

The countdown to 30 is on...only 6 and a half weeks to go. I honestly don't mind turning the big 3-0 now that it is looming on the immediate horizon. I am happy with where I am in life at this point--I had a successful career, married the man of my dreams, and have 1.5 kids. Life is good.

But then I got an invitation to join AARP today. It says that I am "fully qualified" for membership. AARP stands for American Association for Retired Persons or something of the like. Their site claims that: Anyone 50 or over can get all the great benefits of membership in AARP for only $12.50 a year. And membership includes your spouse or partner, free! Well sign me up. What is up with that? How did they get my name? Did some old person steal my identity or something?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me get this straight, wouldn't YOU have had to steal an old person's identity for AARP to get your name and address?

Wait.

Now I'm confused.

I think i'm turning senile just from reading your blog.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Yeah, maybe that is how it works. But I know I didn't do that so I thought that it must have been the other way around. Who knows.