5/01/2006

Nevermind

Well, after meeting with a realtor and starting to prep our house for sale by cleaning and weeding and painting and such, we have decided not to go through with it afterall. We are not moving now and luckily hadn't even put the sign up yet.

Yesterday, I went to see the house that we wanted again to show it to my sister. The seller had recently received an offer that he had accepted and had sent it to his ex wife for her approval. So we had to put something in right away if we even wanted a chance at it. In crunching the numbers again to see what we could afford, we realized that we had left out taxes and homeowners insurance ($5000 or so per year). This made the house a bit out of our already tight budget.

I was very disappointed, but now feel relief. Moving is SUCH a hassle and so much work, and that is when you are not pregnant and taking care of a active toddler. I have been losing sleep at night stressing and thinking about it, what color to paint the new rooms, etc. And last night, my sleep was sweet and deep. Now we are going to make improvements to our home. I am happy now that it worked out this way.

No comments: