1/10/2006

What a mess!

I am pretty obsessive compulsive about cleanliness and tend to keep a pretty squeaky clean house (at least by outside appearance--I would fail the white glove test for sure). Lately, though, my neatness has be thwarted by the following: Lucas puking on the kitchen floor and then playing in it, a half dead fern that dropped many of it's leaves on my just cleaned kitchen floor, a picture that crashed to the floor and shattered glass as I was trying to clean up the fern leaves, and apple juice that sprayed its stickiness all over the kitchen as I was shaking the pitcher when I just needed a little drink. Darn it. Oh and there was the coffee that exploded in the microwave this morning. I think that I will stay out of the kitchen for the remainder of the day. I may burn it down or something.

4 comments:

running shoes said...

if all that happened to me in one morning, i would cry

Unknown said...

talk to me about this exploding coffee. do you still refrigerate your coffee each day?!?! Give it up, already! it's nothin but trouble.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Actually, this coffee that kaboomed was not the refridgerated kind. It was made that morning, but had cooled to room temperature so I put it in for a minute and a half to warm it up. Too long apparentally. It was dripping from the ceiling and door of the microwave. Ugh.

And yes, we still put the leftovers in a jar in the fridge for the next day. Why make coffee everyday when you like it just fine from the jar? Everyone else finds it gross, though.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Luckily it happened over the course of two days. Still, I never clean that floor, so when I do I need for it to last a while.