3/06/2008

Nervy

What up with people today? I think that technology has only assisted in making some ignorant people more rude.

Here is my example from today...

I received a piece of mail for our old roommate Matt, who moved out last week. I tried calling him, but got a strange woman's voice mail instead. I hung up and tried again, this time reaching Matt. I must have dialed wrong in the first place.

An hour or so later, I get this call:

Me: Hello.
Demanding Voice on the line: WHO IS THIS?
Me: Uh, this is Amanda.
Annoyed sounding voice: Did you call me?
Me thinking to myself: Who the hell is this?

Then it dawns on me, it is my accidental call. My wrong number. The lady whose voice mail I hung up on. That is who is calling me back now. Demanding to know why I called her.

Me: Yes, but I didn't mean to.
Voice: Sigh.
Click.

This is the second time in the past 6 months or so that I have received such a call. The last lady actually did yell something like "Why are you calling me?"

I don't get it. It is pretty easy to misdial and accidentally call someone. Why do some dumb people who have caller id think that it is acceptable to call back those who didn't leave a message? Obviously I didn't want to talk to you that bad. Get over yourself and stop bugging me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get that every once in a while even with people that I know and I didn't mean to call or needed to talk to them right away or else it didn't matter (so I don't leave a message).

I'm thinking to myself whenever I get a call back how nice it must be to have the time to wonder why someone called that didn't bother leaving a message. If I see something on my caller ID and they didn't leave a message, I don't even bother to give it a second thought. I've got stuff to do. Like not worry about it.