2/08/2007

Too Bogged to Blog

There has been no time for me to sit down to blog or do much of anything for myself lately. I have two sick kids. They have a pretty serious virus that has them congested, coughing, wheezing and in Lucas' case with bronchitis and a lung infection.

Emily has been pretty chipper, despite her fits of hacking and excessive snot which joyfully I have to suck out with a nose bulb. Her breathing is so restricted that she sounds like a purring kitten.

Lucas has been miserable--whiny, clingy and sleeping pretty badly to boot. His early morning rising continues and he has been crying a bit at night, too. The other morning he was up at 4am and the only thing that I could do to keep him in bed (he wanted to color in the middle of the night!!) was lay there and rub him until he fell back asleep. If I tried to leave, he would sit up and cry. So I lay there with him awake in his cramped bed for three hours. I guess that he needed his sleep more than me. He did sleep in until after 7 that day (sleeping in has a whole new meaning as a parent). 5:30am has been the torturous wake up time almost every day for a month or so. Waking up at 6 would be considered sleeping in.

Anyway, here's my excuse for not blogging, responding to emails or bathing regularly;-).

No comments: