2/09/2007

What the Hay??

Last weekend started off on a bad note. Friday was Mike's off day and I made plans in my head to have another perfect family day--a trip to the zoo. The plans were shattered unfortunately when he had to make up 2 hours and forgot his laptop at the office.

I tried to convince him to just take the time as vacation. Why drive to and from work (40 minutes round-trip) just for a couple measly hours of work? On an off day even. What a waste! He was insistent, though. He had to go in. And to make matters worse, he wanted to take my car claiming that he was going to get it washed on the way in. This would have left me homebound and I was itching to get out, so I wouldn't let him. Let my car be dirty. Who cares?

Michael said that he would be home at 11:30 no matter what. That time came and went with no phone call and when he finally cruised in sometime after 1, I was more than a little annoyed. I had just fed Emily and walked out of our bedroom burping her. He stood in the hallway with a camera aimed at me. I asked him why he was taking my picture and to please stop. He kept pointing it at me. Then I noticed a shadow in Emily's doorway and out pops Christa, my longtime best friend from Orlando. WHAT?!

My much anticipated reaction (they had been planning this surprise since November): What the HELL are you doing here?

Nice. Needless to say, she will probably never surprise me again.

We did have a super visit which included shopping, facials, a trip to the zoo and filet mignon.

Thanks for coming, my friend!! I really miss you.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

That's so cool that my sis was able to pull off the surprise. I talked to her while she was on layover in Dallas and she was afraid that since the flight was going to be late that you were going to get really mad at Mike for running late too. I'm sure the surprise helped you forgive him instantly. Glad you guys had such a great weekend together.

running shoes said...

What a cool surprise!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mike and your friend Krista are two awesome people. I am glad that you had sometime for yourself and friend.

michael said...

If only we could have kept the toilets cleaner though!