2/23/2006

Outgrown Mom Mobile

Now that we are expecting #2 it seems that we may need a new vehicle. My Escape will only hold one more passenger (and that might be a squeeze) with two car seats. Typically, this would not be a problem as it's not often that we drive with people. But on rare occassions when say my parents come to visit, we would alway have to drive separate (and they might have to rent a car). What a pain. We are considering the Ford Freestyle with seating capacity for 6. I most certainly DO NOT want a minivan or a large SUV. Any other possibilities?

And to think that not too long ago, I was all cute and sassy in a little red convertable Miata. Now I am trying to avoid the Caravan possibility. Never will I be so "Soccer Mom!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She forgot to mention that it has to be AWD, have at least 200 hp, and be (or be able to be) pimped out with 18" rims and aftermarket performance goodies;-)
-Michael

running shoes said...

My vote is for an Audi S6 Avant!

Anonymous said...

we have the same problem, now with two carseats in the back of our crv. if we had the $, maybe we would upgrade to a honda pilot. but for now, the folks will have to get their own ride. ;) --Lina

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've got it!! When and if it gets produced, Lotus has a new concept vehicle called the APX. It has all-wheel-drive, seating for 7, a 300hp supercharged V6, and is very light weight (for an SUV). To top it all off, it gets great gas mileage at 32mpg. Check it out at http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2677

-Michael

running shoes said...

so cool michael! i will definately tell my husband.