12/01/2005

Two Weeks Notice

If I was working a real job, I think that today I would up and quit. Throw in the towl. Walk out. Resign. Sometimes I feel as if I am just no good at this mothering business.

In the past 24 hours, I have been bit, screamed at, disobeyed, puked on, and had my hair pulled repeatedly. Too, I was awakened at the ridiculous, sick early time of 5:30 am by a whining, crying alarm clock that has no snooze button. These working conditions are unacceptable and the pay (and the diapers) really stink!

I am such an idealist. I always thought that being a mommy would be fun. Playing with the children all day. Laughing. Good stuff. I didn't envision the projectile vomit and early mornings. I hate reality!

1 comment:

brainhell said...

I dunno. mothering sure looks EASY to me... ;-)