12/07/2005

Buzzed

I have been all jittery lately, like I am on speed or something. I think that it has to do with my excitement about giving out Christmas gifts this year. Last year, we sent boring gift cards to most everyone, as we were in California.

Don't get me wrong. I like gift cards and would often prefer that over someone picking out something that is entirely not me or two sizes too large, but they are just not exciting to give (or open for that matter).

Mike and I didn't even exchange with each other last Christmas because of lack o' dough and our spontaneous trip to Yosemite. But this year, is different. We will be with our Florida family AND we have a baby to buy for.

As a child, I would show my mother her present as soon as I bought it and ask her to forget it so she would be surprised on Christmas. And one year, I told my dad what my mom bought him as soon as he came home from work. I couldn't stand to wait then and things haven't really changed. Eeeeek. Only 18 days to go...

1 comment:

running shoes said...

I, too, cannot contain my excitement. As you know I also will be celebrating with my Florida family, and I can't wait for all that shiny wrapping paper to go flying to reveal the reaction from the recipient.