12/01/2005

9 Months

The time that Lucas spent in my belly (really it was more like 10, but 9 is the common misconception). And his age today. It's been a wonderful, impossible, joy-filled, sleepless roller coaster of a ride. I love him so much it hurts. I never realized I had that much more love to give.

We found out at this mornings sadistic doctors appointment that he weighs only 15 pounds, 15 ounces and is in the 1% (remember that 50% is average)!! My son is severely underweight. I am at my wits end and don't know what else to do--he is refusing to eat solids lately. Perhaps I will wean him now afterall, as formula has more calories.

I need a vacation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In all likelihood, he probably just has his daddy's genes. I (his daddy) weighed 125 when wrestling as a Senior in high school - at 6' tall!! I have been somewhat tall, but very skinny my whole life. Only as an adult was I finally able to gain some weight.

Sure, I'd like the kid to put on some pounds, just for reassurance that he's healthy and growing normally. But he's happy and noisy (making all sorts of sounds and almost words), and active, and curious about everything, and he's so darned cute.

We're doing all we can as parents, discussing things with each other and with his doctors, and besides his low weight he seems to be progressing and acting what us freaks would consider normally.

-Michael