10/08/2005

Trooper

Lucas was beat up yesterday. Seriously. I took him to a church sponsored Mom's group and one of the kids (a two and a half year old boy) clocked him in the head with a toy hammer as little Lucas sat innocently on my lap. My tough guy didn't even cry, though I had to fight back tears. How mean to strike a sweet little infant! Lucas didn't even take the kid's toy or anything. The mother yelled at the little brat, who proceeded to come at Lucas and hit him three more times. I felt like a fool for letting it happen so many times, but I just didn't expect it after the kid was corrected or in the first place. Today, Lucas has a reddish, black mark under his eye. A shiner? Poor baby. This is only the beginning of the fighting...Ugh, boys.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

poor little punkin :(

btw, i saw his picture....he is SO CUTE!!!!!!! and i'm not just saying that. this kid is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I was a frequent victim of bullying when a child (always skinny and dorky), but now have a decent background in martial arts (some kickboxing and a little MMA).

Hoping to avoid him going through the same thing, I had planned to teach Lucas self defense as soon as I thought he would need to use it. I just had no idea it would be at 7 months old!

So I've recently started him on a daily regiment of push-ups, sit-ups, and hitting a baby-sized punching bag. I'll be darned if I'll let a bully kick the proverbial sand in his face again!

-Lucas' daddy

running shoes said...

So sorry to hear about Lucas. Mike's right. Start him on the Jackie Chan regime right a way.