10/26/2005

Emotions

Lucas let them all hang out while our visitors were here. His little personality is starting to show and he is a feisty one, folks. My kid? No way!? During the 4-5 hour drive to Yosemite, he screamed angrily probably because I was sitting right there and wouldn't pick him up. I tried everything to calm him, sang every song I knew, rubbed his head, held his hands, gave him toys, and he wouldn't have any of it. Dude, I can't take you out of your car seat when we are doing 75 down the highway!! Joyfully, he yelled again on the return trip. We were all in their rental minivan, which I am sure that now they regret getting so that we could all be together. Well, we learned to drive separate next time and to get our own hotel room. Our heads were ringing after the screamfest drive and I had to feed him all night to keep him quiet so that they could sleep. It's nice to be home and have normalcy once again. My kid, apparentaly, doesn't like change.

Oh and Christa's little Sam, who we dubbed Tank because he is so much bigger than Lucas, was a perfect angel. He either slept or smiled and squealed happily on the trip. Maybe he'll be different in two months when he is Lucas' age. I hope not, though, as they already have their hands full with Andrew, their active, two-and-a-half year old.

It was like Sam was Dr. Jeckyl and Lucas was Mr. Hyde.

1 comment:

Juggling Mother said...

I'm glad ther's another one out there:-)

I thought my Little Miss Blond was the ONLY baby in the world who screamed the whole time she was in the car, regardless of where we were going, how long it took, or what time of day/night it was.

"But every baby falls alseep in the car" I was told more times than I can count!

Don't worry, he'll probably grow out of it eventually. LMB suddenly perked up when she was about 18 months old, & started singing songs & sleeping in the car. Bliss