8/15/2008

Reading Maniac


I have had an insatiable appetite for books lately. In the past month or so, I have read the following:

  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  • Into the Wild
  • Tuesdays with Morrie
  • World Without End
  • Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture (this has been read on and off for a few months)
  • The Bible (though not the whole thing in a month;-)
They were all most excellent, though World Without End by Ken Follett was the hardest to put down. And by far the longest. It was over 1000 pages and I finished it in a week and a day. That meant that I spent almost all of my free time with my nose in it's pages, stayed up entirely too late every night and fought harder than usual to stay awake every day. It was an exciting epic tale of corruption in the church, gay nuns and monks, cathedrals, knights, outlaws, the plague, love and loss in 14th century England. It was also the sequal to Pillars of the Earth which I read a few years ago when Lucas was a baby. WOW!

It is time for me to take a reading sabbatical for at least a few days anyway. I need to clean the house, talk to my husband and feed the kids again. Seriously, I sat down the other day with them and read while they played in the sandbox and later watched Bambi.

Any good book suggestions once my reading fast is through??

3 comments:

running shoes said...

very snazzy! I like it!

Mary DeMuth said...

Hey, thanks for reading my book. I pray it's a blessing to you.

Mary DeMuth
Author, Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture

Busy Bead said...

You've gotta read Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett...
when you're ready, of course!
Very good book!