7/01/2008

Soccer Momin' it Up



Well, we did it. We bought me a minivan. And just in time for my birthday. We actually spent 3 stressful hours of my birthday signing the paperwork and bringing home my sweet new ride. What a gift!

I was actually too scared to drive it from the dealership, but I took it up the street to church the next day and was really impressed by the way it handles. I didn't notice it feeling like a huge vehicle and the visibility was great.

It is an awesome car and doesn't look half bad either...for a minivan. It's not my pre-kids, sassy red Miata, but maybe is the cool mom alternative. And boy, will it let us hold a lot of camping gear for our upcoming halfway across the country, road trip to Colorado. Much more than the microscopic Miata would have.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Just a guess but do you like red? A red miata, a red escape, now this? Also didn't waste anytime slapping the FSU sticker on that puppy! Nice car! And Happy Birthday! ;-P

michael said...

All it needs now are some black 20" rims, a body kit, air suspension so it can sit nice and low, and a couple of 12's in the cargo area.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new ride! I know you will enjoy driving it. It sounds like once Mike tricks it out is will be the cool mom mobile you are looking for. LOL :)

Also, Happy belated Birthday!!!!

running shoes said...

pretty sweet~
email me some dates to come see you in Aug, Sept, Oct.

Katrina said...

Welcome to the minivan club! Congrats and happy belated B-day. Love the red color. :)

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Anna, yes I like red. It matches my lipstick;-).

I think that I am pretty patriotic when it comes to my preference in car colors. I like red--obviously as 3 of the 4 have been red. And drove one white one (my Honda Accord--first car). Someday I want one that is that bright metallic blue.

Thanks all on the birthday wishes.

And Katrina, isn't your Sienna red, too? Almost like the Sebring!!

Katrina said...

Yep, my Sienna is red, just like my Sebring was, and my CRV, which Eric now drives. Anyone interested in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP that we've got sitting in the garage?? It's been sitting there for two and a half months now and we don't need three cars!!! It's gotta go!!!

So are you loving that minivan now or what?!!