7/21/2008

She'll Eat Anything (except real food)

We just returned home (Saturday night) from a road trip to Colorado for a week of camping. It was a fun time, but I am still recovering from the vacation. The car isn't fully unloaded, there are still piles of laundry to do and put away, etc.

Here is a funny story from our adventures:

Along the way, we stopped at a gas station to fuel up, get drinks and use the potty. I took both kids inside with me to potty while Mike pumped the gas. I had just sat on the bowl when I noticed Emily quickly bend down, snap something small and brown off the gas station bathroom floor and shove it into her mouth. Oh no she didn't.

"Spit that out! Yucky!!!!" I screamed. I was up in an instant, reaming out her mouth all the while gagging in my head. She began crying as I fished a brown M&M out of her pie hole. Gaaaaarossss!

I think that it was one that had fallen off of her clothes and onto the floor (we had been snacking on the treat in the car). Shew, at least it was a food substance and probably ours. Perhaps she was following the 5 second rule.

Sorry sweetheart, that rule doesn't apply in a public restroom!!

So my Emily hardly ate any real food on this trip. And we offered her some of her favorites. She just ate when it was off of a filthy, germ infested plate called the bathroom floor. Yuck.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Glad you had a good trip. Where in CO did you go? Was it tent camping? I'm jealous!!

michael said...

That's my girl!

Although admittedly, even I would avoid eating things off of the floor of a public restroom.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Katrina, yep, we tented it for 6 nights--two in Ouray and four in Durango, CO. It was fun, beautiful and the kids did surprisingly well.

And Michael, you sure would pick up something that you dropped on a restroom floor.

Katrina said...

Good to hear the kids did so well camping in a tent. We're thinking of tenting next summer with the boys...hope they do just as well. Of course, we'll be staying here in WI and not venturing out to beautiful CO.