7/31/2008

Grody Head

So after 9 days of no real washing, my hair didn't look half bad in the end. Sure the greasy locks contributed to some enormous zits on my forehead that still haven't cleared up. But despite those and the fact that I felt grosser than usual most days, I found out that I really don't need to daily wash the hair.

A couple people suggested using baby powder to help freshen the head, so I hesitantly tried it. It left me with a gross baby butt smell, a funky texture and powdered looking, grayish hair. I do not recommend this method.

I also found that I could wash most of it if I was careful in the tub not to get the stapled part in the water. I did this several times. I also used a shower cap on the top of my head and just washed the bottom part a few times, too.

The ironic thing about the above mentioned shower cap was that we got it at a hotel the day before my accident. Michael picked it up in the hotel bathroom and said, "Does anyone actually use these things?" I reminded him about the time he had stapes in his head and how a shower cap would have been useful as I slipped it into our bag "just in case we need it sometime." Little did I know I would be using it the next night.

On another interesting (and somewhat disgusting) sidenote: I got a stomach bug the evening that I was supposed to get my staple out. As luck would have it, I ended up puking in the already filthy hair. Still feeling kind of sick, I decided that I had to go in anyway so that I could wash my freakin' hair already. I drove myself in and got the staple out and got myself home just in time to be sick again. Nice, huh.
It seems that I did attempt to partially wash or powder my hair almost every day. So I guess that is why it didn't look so very bad after 9 long days.

By the way, I am feeling better now and I have really been appreciating my showers again!!

3 comments:

michael said...

Now I have to wash my hair, since I just got sick in it.

Unknown said...

1. Hey, I have that shirt!
2. I've always sworn by the baby powder method....interesting
3. you made me sick too

kimcheebasa said...

What is it with you and Mike and stapled heads? :)