10/11/2007

Washed Up

This week I decided to throw in the towel for now with my marathon training. I need to see a doctor before I can continue about my messed up left knee. It has never been the same since I injured it in the marathon three years ago.

I never did anything about it back then, just stopped running for a year or so due to recovery time and then pregnancy.

I did a 10 mile long run a couple weeks ago and that same dadgum knee was in immense pain that evening whenever I stepped on the leg. It hurt me for days. I scaled back with my long run the following week and didn't really notice any pain after 6 miles.

But then I bumped the knee early this week, merely brushed it on a bookcase when crawling around with the kids and saw red. Since my injury, my knee has turned into something worse than a funny bone. I gimped around again for days and I have this huge purple bruise. All because I bumped my knee.

3 comments:

Anna said...

As a non runner I say...yay! No just kidding...I am sorry you hurt your knee...but its probably better not to push it till it gets better...

running shoes said...

did you go to the Dr.? What did they say?

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I go on Wednesday. I'll keep you posted.