9/08/2007

School Daze


Wow, what a hectic and busy week we had!! Lucas started preschool on Tuesday and really loved it. No tears when I left him either day or the whole time there. So glad for that as I wasn't sure how he, a shy boy, would do in an unfamiliar setting. In fact on Thursday as I was putting him down for his nap, he asked to go back. He wanted to go back right then. Probably just stalling his sleep, but still...

He told me that he likes his teacher, Mrs. Spiers (pronounced like Britany's last name). Before school started, I was teaching her name to Lucas pronouncing it wrong saying Spy-ers and he thought that I was talking about bugs. He started referring to her as "that spider lady." Great. I couldn't help but laugh when he said it though and he kept saying it to be funny. I was happy to hear the correct pronunciation.

Anyway, he is now in school two mornings a week for three hours. It is going to be wonderful for all of us. He is having fun, meeting new kids, getting more exercise and outside time, and learning. And I am getting free time to run on the treadmill and take care of myself more for a change while Emily naps. The almost one year old is getting to snooze in a quieter house and some special girl time with her mommy when she wakes up. It is nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's in pre-school. I LOVE that picture of him!