8/18/2007

Adding Insult to Injury

This morning my kids slept in for the first time all week. They slept until the blissful hour of 6:30. This was huge because Lucas is back to his old evil tricks of getting up at around 5:30 most days much to our delight. But wouldn't you know that today would be an early running morning for me. I had to be out the door at 6:30 (luckily not as early as I go on weekdays). It was tough to get up when I finally could have been getting a little more snooze on for a change.

Erin and I ran 8 miles again today. We did the same run last Saturday. I felt great last week...could have kept going and going like the Energizer bunny. Today, not so much. I felt my knee joints starting to ache, my toe was burning with each step as the run progressed (I discovered a nice blister when I got home), I got a friction burn in my armpit because I forgot to apply my body glide, and I felt like vomiting for some reason in the last mile or so.

And to make matters worse, after I got all cleaned up I went outside and a neighbor asked me if I was pregnant again. I felt embarrassed for her and for me that 11 months later, almost a year has gone by since having Emily, and I still look slightly pregnant apparently. Damn it, I hate what having kids did to my body. Shot to hell, I tell you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you - I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one....I also have an Early riser - so I totally related when you said they slept in until 6:30!
Maybe your neighbor noticed a "glow" about you because of your running, not anything weight related! :-) Maybe?! Hope your next run is more enjoyable.

christa said...

Alright stink weed. I hope that journalistic therapy has made you feel better. Now, go blossom and remember you are the best mommy that Lucas and Emily will ever know. I love you, my friend. Happy blogging!!

Katrina said...

OK girl, and just who was it that left a post on my blog that stated something to the effect of not posting in a long time.... :) Hope you're doing well. Sorry we won't get to see you in FL this year, I just don't want to travel that far away when I'm in my 3rd trimester. I wonder how many kids we'll all have when we do get together again someday???

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Doh, I've been told;-).