4/12/2007

Energized

Well, I am starting to get back into a running groove. It seems that I need to with an impending marathon (less than 8 months away). This week I checked a training schedule online to see where I should be at this time and saw to my horror that I should be running 4-5 times and approximately 25 miles per week. Oh yeah right. That has NOT been happening, nor do I really see that rigorous of a schedule being too feasible with 2 little ones, but...I've got to do something to train.

My new sick plan is to run first thing in the morning. Evenings weren't happening with my parter's new work schedule. Tuesday she and I met at 5 am and today we moved it to 5:20 so we could sleep in a bit(5 was freakin' insane, you have to wake up at 4 something to get dressed, though she was smart slept in her running clothes).

Exercise is supposed to give you energy, right? Not me, at least not this week. I have been feeling totally drained, bleary and impaired most of the day. I hope that I can start to adjust to this new schedule soon. For now it is kicking my tail.

4 comments:

michael said...

You have some impressive discipline and motivation in order to adhere to that early early morning routine. Hats off!

running shoes said...

shhhh...don't remind me about training! i wanted to forget all about it and be undisciplined.
snaps to u though, for being such a stinking early riser.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Jen, you are so disciplined!! My typical run is only 2 miles (I was so disappointed when I clocked it yesterday). And the run that I thought was so long was only 4. Ugh. I hope that I can pull off 26.2 again.

running shoes said...

not so disciplined... here's my week: WALKED 4 miles, ran 2, WALKED 3, ran 2. Sucky