1/11/2007

The Kiddos




Emily is getting so big. At 3 months now, she is rolling over, smiling like crazy when she gets attention or is looking at the fan, squeals and "talks." I think that she is well on her way to laughing soon, too. Can't wait to hear it and see who or what causes it. I think that either Mike or Lucas will get the first laugh.

Lucas is growing up so quickly, as well. He is still pretty finicky with food and seems to prefer snacks to meals. He also likes juice more than milk and dessert more than real food. I guess that he is probably pretty normal like that. It stinks, though, because he is still skinny and small and often doesn't eat much of what I prepare for him. Like today for example, I gave him a super lunch of mac and cheese with ground beef, strawberries, beets (all his favorites or at least very well liked), milk and juice. He sat there just drinking the juice and not eating anything else. Seeing this, I took the juice away. He protested for awhile and finally ate one slice of strawberry. And that's it. "All done. ALL DONE!" he kept yelling. And then he wanted a cookie when I ate one. I said, "No Way." Oh, why do I bother most of the time? So stinkin' frustrating sometimes!! I wish that I could not care, but it is hard when he is not normal sized. I know, I know...he's fine...but still...

2 comments:

Katrina said...

They are soooo cute! Growing up fast too. Emily looks so grown up sitting in her Bumbo chair - isn't that thing the best! Sounds like you all are doing well except for Lucas's stilly eating habits. You and Christa could debate who's more finicky, Lucas or Andrew.

running shoes said...

I think that the picture of Lucas wearing his food is absoultely hilarious, especially since he'd probably volunteer to wear it rather than eat it.