1/04/2007

Diet

I am not enjoying my dietary restrictions and am starting to get pretty discouraged with breastfeeding. If I was limited as to what I could eat, it would be tough but tolerable, but Emily continues to have blood in her diaper and a rash. So basically, I can't eat anything good and my little girl is still having problems.

Her pediatrician is sending us to a GI doctor. The same one that put me on the even more restrictive diet with Lucas-the hellish one where I couldn't eat dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, citrus,nuts and berries. I'm looking forward to seeing her again...let me tell you.

This diet makes me very food obsessive,too. When I come across something I can eat, I gorge myself. Yesterday I downed 1/2 a Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar with raisins and pecans. Yum. And then I ran 4 miles in the rain to make up for it.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow, I can't begin to imagine all those dietary restrictions. It must be very discouraging that this happens when your doing what's best for Emily by breastfeeding. I hope she outgrows all these allergies like Lucas did. Hang in there - you're a great Mom!

Unknown said...

Running 4 miles in the rain is very impressive. But a candy bar with raisins and pecans?! YUCK!

running shoes said...

Running in the rain is the BEST, but I'm with Karin on the raisins and pecans in my dark chocolate thing. So sorry about all the food restrictions, that's such a bummer.