10/17/2006

Sugar and Spice

and all things nice. That's what little girls are made of...but not mine.

Emily's ingredients should read something like this: sweet and sour and all things dour or sticky and pitchy and all things...uh oh. You get the point.

Emily seems mad at the world. I've thought that she might have colic (infant anger problems), but am not quite sure. She certainly has issues sleeping at night. I have already nursed her to sleep twice this evening and she has awakened screaming within minutes both times. I haven't even tried to move her into her bed yet either. Last night, out of desparation for a good night's sleep, she slept with us (if you would call it sleeping). Her grunting and crabbing went on much of the time, she kept pulling my hair and got up every hour or two to eat. I woke up feeling like a truck had hit me and then backed over me and peeled out on my face.

Oh and get this, her social security number was assigned to her yesterday and it has 666 in it. I hope that this is not a sign of things to come.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Have you watched the DVD "The Happiest Baby on the Block"? It was a lifesaver for me, and might help you calm Emily down so you all can get some rest. If you don't have it, I'll send you a copy. Meanwhile, I'll keep you all in my prayers.

running shoes said...

hey now, she'll straighten out my ssn has 666 in it.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Hey Katrina, I didn't watch it, but read the book. I know the 5 "s's" but they don't necessarily work for her. Thanks, though.

And Jen, thanks for the encouragement, but are you suggesting that you straightened out;-)?