10/11/2006

So far so good

I am surviving this motherhood thing alone this week. Two and a half days down and one and a half to go (Mike is off on Friday and we are going on a day trip to Apple Hill for fresh apples and to pick our pumpkin straight from the patch).

The first day little Emily slept much of it. Yesterday she was more fiesty. She has a little anger streak (hates diaper changes and being transfered to her bed from ours) and a more high maintanance personality than I remember her brother having. Too, she has some day/night confusion and is often up for 2-4 hours in the middle of the night--JOY! Last night was much better, though, Praise God! I think that she was pretty quiet and content between feedings with the exception of her loud sleeping. She breathes, sighs, stretches and sometimes even cries out in her sleep. Yet she did start screaming bloody murder as soon as I got into the shower when Mike had just left. I had to abandon my cleanliness and tend to her immediately. What does it take to get a shower around here anymore? I hate stinking!

Off to try to get a nap in while both of them are doing the same.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ah yes...a shower becomes a much anticipated treat with a newborn! Is it true you really forget these times when you are ready to have a new one? I guess so or everyone would be only children!:-P It gets better so remarkably fast! hang in there and call for help if you need it...