6/05/2006

Bulbous

Yesterday I overheard Michael talking on the phone to his grandmother in Florida. The conversation went something like this: "Oh she's doing fine, feeling good, getting really bulbous." This is the same grandmother that has serious weight issues...may even have an eating disorder. The one that came up to me at a crowded family gathering when I was pregnant with Lucas, made a "fat face" by puffing out her cheeks and then asked "Amanda, how much weight have you gained?" This is the one that Mike told I was getting huge. Great.

A man at church came up to me a couple weeks ago and asked if I was due really soon. "Actually, I am just halfway there," was my rather embarrassed reply. "Wow, how much bigger will you get?!" he exclaimed amusedly. I was not humored.

Why is it that some people feel at liberty to say anything that they think to a pregnant woman about her size? Don't they realize that a pregnant woman has enough of a complex about her expanding body on her own without any unsolicited rude comments. Keep your big fat trap shut or one might get ticked off and sit on you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to keep our big traps shut when you post your picture in profile. I mean you like as big as a ....MMMMFFFFF

Anonymous said...

I have to that I think you look GREAT! I work at a church and see a LOT of pregnant women coming and going and you are in GREAT shape!!! People need to learn to mind their own business.
-Karin's friend Lindsey
aka - "the one who laughs"

running shoes said...

I think you look wonderful especially since this is your #2.

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Thanks, Lindsey and Jen. And to my dear cousin Landis, I can't wait to sit on you, I mean, see you again;-).

Unknown said...

HA! Sit on you! I just picked up on that. hysterical.

you're such a funny friend.