9/23/2004

A Rose by Any Other Name

Would it still smell as sweet? I beg to differ, Romeo. What is in a name? A lot.

According to my book, The Very Best Baby Name Book (in the whole wide world), bad name choices from the parent can really mess a kid up. Names can lead to more poking fun by classmates, unfair preferential treatment from teachers; can even scar a kid for life. So now I have more to stress about in this pregnancy besides gaining too much weight, not taking proper precautions and hurting the baby in my womb, etc. Now I have to make the lifetime effecting choice of picking the perfect name for my child. I suppose that I should rule Bertha and Cletis out.

My book gives me 30,001 names and their meanings to choose from. I even found one that meant spawn of the devil—could you imagine that?

I only hope that I can pick some fragrant options. Who wants a stinky kid?!

1 comment:

raFFy said...

i think that you should name your kid 'fatty' or 'booger-face' or 'snickers' or 'pushing-on-my-bladder'.