9/09/2004

Rolling Blackouts?!

I'd heard of these annoying power outages effecting the state of California, but didn't think that they were still a problem now that Arnold is the governor.

This morning as I stood dripping after exiting the shower, the power went out. Uh oh, I guess that the hair will have to drip dry today. I ran downstairs in my bath towl to investigate, only to see an official looking truck outside. The cable guy? I was expecting him to hook us up with a cable modem today between 8am and noon. I charged back upstairs, threw on some clothes and checked out front again. The truck was gone.

Then it dawned on me. The previous owners must have turned their power off today (even though I had already turned ours on). Great, I knew that I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today. I worried that the scortching Sacramento heat would soon bake me alive. Luckily, after a frantic phone call to the electric company we were powered up an hour later. I didn't get cooked today...maybe tomorrow.

No comments: