11/13/2008

Sucky Times

Today, I realized that something has got to give. There are times in my day that really stink and something about them has got to change.

The most trying times, I find are meals and attempting to get my kids ready when we need to be out the door. Yep, those are really sucky times. The times where I hate the sound of my bossy voice. Where I am trying to keep control of the situation and am grossly unable. What can I do different?

Do I expect too much out of a 2 and 3 year old? I want them to eat their meals in a timely fashion and exhibit basic table manners. They just don't care about eating and are screwing around at the table much of the time. It makes me nagging and miserable.

And getting ready in a time crunch is equivalent to poking out my eyes with a fork. So painful and darn near impossible with a good attitude.

How can I be more easy going, less stressed and still get my kids to do what I want?

2 comments:

~Praying Through Life~ said...

I think this is a case intesified by pregnancy hormones...not that I know what that is like...
BUT, sometimes the boss tone has to come out to communicate your feelings/expectations to them... I think that there are different seasons in parenting that go along with the kids ages...2's and 3's are kind of known for being slow moving and kind of in their own world, sprinkled with times of stubborness...pray pray pray...=) I feel your pain...

Unknown said...

Just lock yourself up in your house and never leave.

Don't you love parenting advice from single people?