10/26/2008

Name Ideas

I am in love with the name Charlotte now. Is Charlotte Lomonaco too long of a name? Is it too spider? What do you think? Mike is not as much of fan as me because of the length (9 letters). At least it is only two syllables despite all of it's letters.

I think that I am having a girl. That is what it looked like to my untrained eye at my ultrasound this week, anyway. The technician thought so, too, though it is pretty early still. We will see.

Jacob Evan is our boy choice at this point.

Other girl ideas: Allison, Angela, Caroline, Hailey (it rhymes with Emily, though), Carys (it rhymes with Lucas, though).

So tough. I used my favorite all-time names already. And you don't want to screw this decision up because it lasts a lifetime.

P.S. There is only one baby in there. SHEW! I was a little freaked out at the remote possibility of having twins. Now that would really push me over the edge.

7 comments:

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

Hey, I found a fun website...google baby name generator and this site with a "baby genie" will grant you the wish of a perfect baby names. Enter your last name and the sex of the baby and it'll show you a name (I just keep hitting the button again and again)...AND if you find a name that you like, they have a link that lets you try out the name in everyday situations. You read these sentences out loud with the name you like...it is a fun activity... try it!

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

I found the site...
www.babynamegenie.com

christa said...

Looks like you guys lean to names with an "L" in them. So my vote is for Lillian. Or Christa.

running shoes said...

personally we used Name Voyager.
www.babynamewizard.com

it let's you go through names to check popularity and whether or not your kid will have several his/ her same named classmates.

running shoes said...

oh and to answer your question... i do like charlotte.

how does hailey rhyme with emily? just the long e part?

~Praying Through Life~ said...

I do like Charlotte (be prepared for "charlie" to be a possible nick-name)...also Scarlet kind of goes along those same lines...but you know that I like kind of unusual, yet normal, names...

Katrina said...

I like Charlotte too :) As you can tell, I too like names that aren't super common, yet are still pretty normal. As far as the length of the name, I can relate. Brendan is longer than Ian, yet they both are only two syllables.