4/03/2008

Working Girl

As of May 2, I will officially join the work force again. Very part time, just one morning per week, but it still counts for something. I will be working in our church office as an administrative assistant--helping do the weekly bulletin, making reminder calls, keeping the church calendar, helping to plan events, etc. I am pretty excited as it will be nice to get out of the house for a few hours per week, be around other adults, and help out with our income, too. Serving my church is an added bonus. And I think that my new boss, our Pastor Brad, will be a good guy to work with.

I just received a social security statement and it was weird to see $0, no income for 2006. I wish that I got a paycheck for being a stay at home mom. It would be a fat one for changing all of those dirty diapers, making 3 meals per day, keeping the house mostly clean, playing with the kids, driving them to school and the doctors office, keeping up with laundry, dishes, etc. It is by far the hardest job that I have ever had, and sometime so thankless. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

One of the coolest things about me working is that Mike is going to take off Friday mornings to be with the kids. This way they won't have to go to a sitter and they will get some extra quality time with their daddy, which is so important.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm excited for you! (Although I was secretly hoping for a Starbucks gig..... :)

Phone date soon?

Anna said...

Yay! I am excited for you! And for our church! Help is always needed! What a great plan Mike staying home one morning to watch the kids...I bet he will love it...I know they will

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I know that this is a perfect fit for you. Especially the event planning part. I am happy that Mike can take Friday mornings off as well.