4/06/2008

All Because of a Coat

We met Michael for lunch yesterday at a KFC near his office. The man in front of me in line was wearing a Miami Hurricanes jacket. The Hurricanes were another arch rival of my college football team, the Florida State Seminoles.

It is always neat to meet someone from back home, too, so I said something about his jacket. We struck up an easy conversation about Florida and college football rivalries. He told us that he was in town for a Lutheran Pastors Conference.

"Oh, my best friend grew up Lutheran. In fact, her mother, Carol, works for a Lutheran office in Orlando."

"Carol, you know Carol?! I grew up with Carol in Fort Lauderdale. She used to be a dental hygienist and worked on my teeth."

What a fun small world experience!

So Carol...

Pastor Jim (I think that was his name??) in Tampa is visiting Sacramento, happened to run into your daughter's best friend at a KFC and says "Hi." If he is single, I think that you should consider marrying him!;-). Pretty coincidental.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow, how crazy is that! Did you happen to mention this to Christa yet? Mom's been out of the country on a missions trip this past week, but I'm sure she'll be interested in hearing your story.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I know who Jim is and I see him several times a year. He is very married...and so is his older brother, Jon, whom I did date! Guess you will have to just keep an eye out for me and find me another guy - HA! (I thnk I'm too set in my ways to think about marriage...though a dinner date and walk on the beach sounds nice!)