1/24/2008

Eye Openers

Two things I learned this week:

1) Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream beats Bryers all natural vanilla hands down. This really surprised me because I have been happily eating Bryers with their real vanilla bean specks my whole life and thought it was pretty top notch. I am not normally into plain old vanilla ice cream, unless there is some homemade chocolate birthday cake or cobbler involved. We had apple strudel this time with the Dazs and both were tremendous. Thanks, Aunt Linda for the introduction!

2) And, you should never shut your eyes while running on a treadmill. I did this tonight for a moment to visualize myself running in a race and ended up flying through the air and landing in a heap on the floor. It was really pretty scary and my knee is still throbbing.

Off to shower and then eat some ice cream as a reward for my 9 minute jog. I really would have gone farther if I hadn't been such a klutz.

2 comments:

running shoes said...

this pained me as I read it. flying through the air...glad that you didn't break anything.
it made for a good blog though, if you'd taped it, you'd win americas funniest videos

Katrina said...

Thanks for the laugh...glad you're okay though. How's that knee feeling now? If you love Ice cream so much you'll have to come here to WI and try our famous frozen custard...yumm!!