5/23/2007

Party Pooper IV

Well, today I did it...something that for those of you who know me well, would NEVER expect me to do.

I signed up to be a Pampered Chef consultant.

Gasp.

Yes, I am actually going to try to do the party thing as a way of supplementing our income, helping with the mortgage and hopefully even earning enough to send Lucas to preschool in the fall. Ironically, you may remember that I have always abhorred "sales" parties, often chucking any invitation that came my way. And now I am going to choose to not only attend, but to put on these parties weekly (ideally I will do one show per week).

So, if you are needing any handy cooking tools, want to throw a fun kitchen party, or just want to pass a catalog around to your friends to earn some free gadgets, let me know.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU CAVED!!!!!

Are you wearing MaryKay too???

running shoes said...

that's a big WOW!
I'm shocked and speechless

Anna said...

I can't believe you went to the dark side! LOL

christa said...

I was once a PC consultant and am actually thinking about getting back into it. I had so much fun getting paid to get out of the house to socialize with adults once a week. Oh, and I met my Mary Kay lady at one of my shows. Oh my gosh, who am I? Well, what do you expect from the "Barbie Dolls" in high school. Kind of goes with the territory don't you think? Have fun with it and I know you'll do great!

running shoes said...

you wanna come to the 'nati and do a kitchen show here?

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I so would. Maybe I can research airfare and try to plan something for sometime in the fall or spring.

Maybe my mom and sister could have one, too. The trip could pay for itself (and I can write off the ticket as a business expense:).

Let's try to do this, if you are serious!!

michael said...

I have typically thought of these party-type businesses as temporary efforts that is going to be fun for a month or two then fizzle out. And that's probably usually the case.

But Amanda has numerous talents that suit her very well for this type of thing. So if there is anyone who has been successful at it, and I've heard that that's the case, then I have complete faith that Amanda will be one of them soon.

running shoes said...

yes, i'm serious. it would be so much fun to visit plus you'd get to see you fam/ run with me & your sis/ and have a mini vaca. if we did it in the fall, then we could use the holidays as a mkt tech.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't like party shows either. However, I am all about supporting friends. Plus, I like a lot of Pampered Chef items. Is it possible to do a catalog show in KC?