3/25/2007

Cheap

Last night, I went out for a night on the town with my friend, Monica. We were in South Lake Tahoe for the weekend. Our husbands snowboarded for the day and we stayed at the cabin with the kids. To make the "vacation" a little more fair for us moms, we went out for the evening once the kids were in bed.

Our first stop was K-Mart, where I found a couple really cute tops on sale for $4 and $6. Not able to pass up the great deal, I shelled out the $10 hoping that they will not fall apart after one washing. This is still to be determined.

Later that evening, while walking the strip, I noticed a Patagonia store.

"My sister is so different from me. She's such a big spender on her clothes and shops at expensive stores like Patagonia and Banana Republic. She says that she wants her clothes to last her for a while so she spends more money upfront."

Monica quipped back, "She probably tells people how you are different from her. 'My sister is so cheap that she shops on the clearance rack at K-Mart.'"

Oh. Good point.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I don't think you're cheap. When you're a mom you forgo the fancy frills so that you can buy all the cool stuff for your kids! :)