8/26/2006

Coming Together

I am happy to report that we actually started to get ready for baby #2 this weekend. With five weeks to go, I had a wake up call the other night when I thought that I was in labor. I was up for hours having pretty hard contractions--quite scary to be happening so early. So now my hospital bag is packed, I have the baby clothes back (I had loaned them out to a friend), Lucas' big boy bed is purchased so that the baby can have his crib, I registered for a few items that I could use, and we went out to test drive double strollers today. I feel better to have at least started preparing. Nuts how much more laid back you are with subsequent children.

The names are nearly decided upon, too. Emily Faith and Jacob Evan (we are still not for sure on the boy's middle name). Logan, Michael, Cody and Cooper are other possibilities? Any ideas?

Now we just have to move and we will be all set. If only I could muster up enough energy to start packing.

6 comments:

running shoes said...

I'm not much help, I like them all! You guys did a good job. Sorry, that you had a scare, but glad that you are more prepared.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Evan. ;)
Start packing? That might just put you in labor! j/k (or maybe not). Wish we could be there to help with all the transitions. Praying for you all & we're excited that you'll be moving to the Supreme Court. -Lina

Unknown said...

Well, I have a nephew named Jacob and if my sister ends up having a girl, I'll have a niece named Emily!

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Karin, we are totally sisters. It's scary sometimes.

Thanks Lina and Jen for your offers, prayers and encouragement.

Katrina said...

Sorry to hear about your labor scare...glad you have the time now to finish getting ready for #2's arrival. Can't wait to see pictures of the new little Lomonaco!

Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda I read your blog for the first time because I was wondering how you are doing. I laughed out loud when i read your anniversary story. Been there, done that. I'm very excited for the three of you. By the time you get to the third pregnancy you'll forget your having a kid until you go into labor. WE picked Isaac up from school on the way home from the hospital after my c-section with Lydia. -Becky