4/02/2006

Scream

This is Lucas' new way to sleep or avoid it. He yells, shrieks and throws an all around tantrum in bed lately. Standing the whole time. Even periodically when he wakes up at night. Last night, the blood curdling wailing went on for an hour or so til we drugged him with Tylanol.

IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!! I freakin' need my sleep and have been cranky, exhausted and miserable for days.

He has always been a really good sleeper. I am not sure what the cause of this new problem is. There are several things that could be contributors: he is cutting four teeth (and two of them are molars), my family just visited and he got out of his routine for about a week, he is trying to give up a nap. Whatever it is, I just want it to stop. I feel like my kid is broken or something.

He has not slept today at all. A couple weeks ago, he was napping for about 3 hours per day. I need that time off for my sanity.

Did I mention that this is driving me crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember those good ol' days...Baby J standing in the crib screaming her head off. It's probably just a phase. Have you tried ear plugs??? --Lina

Amanda Lomonaco said...

I actually thought about ear plugs last night. And then he slept fine-yipee! Just skipped one nap today, too. Maybe the phase is passing. I hate phases!!