4/07/2006

Pride

I know that this is something that I struggle with. Perhaps it is my biggest fault. I am embarrassed when my child misbehaves in front of visitors, such as not sleeping as well as he normally does and screaming in the middle of the night instead. I don't take advice or correction well, especially when I feel it is unwarrented or unsolicited. And I don't like what my normally petite body morphs into when I am pregnant. In the end, with Lucas I was as big as a bus. No joke. See for yourself HERE.

At 16 weeks pregnant, I am not ready to wear maternity clothes yet. Though, I am bigger than I was at this time with Lucas and was proudly wearing them by then. I was loving the extra room and extreme comfort. And they were new clothes to me. Now they are old, well worn and not appealing to me at all.

So I continue to squeeze into my normal clothes, often choosing the elastic pants options. My shirts are slowly creeping up the belly, buttons are pulled to the max, and some pants won't even button or zip and are definitey getting too tight. But I am determined not to go there yet. I hope that I don't look like one of those people who you see out and think, "She should NOT be wearing THAT!"

Damn pride.

No comments: