11/07/2004

Sacramento Friends

How strange to be completely starting over with friends in a new place. I have never had to do this in my life (even when I went away to college, some of my high school friends were also there). 3 months into being here and we finally have another couple that we would call friends.

Hanging out with new, perspective friends is almost like dating again. I find myself wondering how often I should call (don't want to overdo it), taking longer to decide what to wear before outings with them and debating whether or not a hug would be appropriate following a visit.

In getting to know new people here, it makes me miss what I had in Orlando. We had such a neat group of close friends surrounding us there. It's tough to start fresh.

Another semi-random thought...how do you end a friendship? It's not like you can say, let's just be friends.

No comments: