3/11/2010

Sisterly Love



It's been so long since I've blogged that I almost forgot how to log in. I am so accustomed to using Facebook now for quick updates that it hurts my head a little to think of blogging again, but...it's been 5 months so it's time for a little something.

In the early days of having a new little sister, Emily wasn't quite sure what to make of her. I think that she was having some jealousy issues. I asked her once if we should take Clara back...just to see what she said. And to my surprise, she said "YES!" I explained that Clara was our little baby and we had her for good. She is a precious member of our family.

Since then, Emily has warmed to Clara and often wants to hug and kiss and touch her. Emily must have touch as her primary love language. She also regularly loudly exclaims "You are BEAUTIFUL!!" which makes her little sister giggle and smile. Perhaps Emily likes words of affirmation, too:).

Recently, though, she revisited her early desire to get rid of her sister. "Mama, can we take Clara back and get a pet like a doggy or kitty instead?" I think that this came up because the kids have been asking me for a pet and I have said that we will have to wait until Clara is older so that mama can handle it. And her logic is, if we just ditch the sister, I can get me a puppy!

Gotta love kids. They keep me on my toes.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Glad to see you're blogging again. I let my blog slip once I got on facebook too...I'm glad to be back to blogging again though. :)