1/20/2009

History

This morning on the way to and from dropping Lucas off at school, the inauguration was playing on the radio. I actually cried as I heard Obama being sworn into office (yes, I am so hormonal and weep at the drop of a hat when pregnant). It wasn't because I was so happy or even sad about the event, but just that I couldn't believe that I was "witnessing" such a historical happening. Finally, a black president after 43 white ones! Pretty cool.

Anyway, I turned the TV on when we got home and Emily and I watched the rest of President Obama's speech. After a few minutes of patiently putting up with a "boring," non-kids show, she asked me to turn it off and turn on Mickey Mouse instead. Sheesh, two year old's have no attention span for history. If only it had been a cartoon.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I watched in amazement and awe too. It was so wonderful to witness our country finally making it over that hurdle to put race aside and elect an african american president. Ian had the same reaction as Emily...he kept asking for Thomas the Tank Engine.