12/08/2004

Hit and Run

I hit a parked car the other day in my office parking lot when pulling into the spot next door. Neither vehicle was super damaged (my bumper may need replacing because it got scraped and my headlight cover shattered and the other car had some door trim issues).

The conditions couldn't have been worse to cause me to be so careless. I was shaky because I had been fasting all day for a doctors appointment. I also needed to pee really bad...pregnant and hadn't in 2 hours for my ultrasound test. The lot was busy, too, with hardly any spots left and a ton of traffic. I was trying to get out of another car's way when I zipped in the spot, miscalculating my turn. BAM!

I left a note with my contact info. Good thing, too, because it turns out to be a cop car. The captain of the Sacramento PD. He called me to fill out an accident report. I wonder if I will get in trouble now for still having FL plates and my old drivers license. Great!

No comments: