5/04/2008

A Little About Me

Where was I 10 years ago?

I was 21 years old and just about to graduate from college. I was pretty unsure about the future: I had no idea what I would do after graduation (no job lined up, not sure where to live as my parents were out of state, yet the boyfriend, Michael, was back home). I also had a nagging fear that I would be one credit short and unable to graduate.


5 things on my "to-do" list
...

  • Become more like Jesus and follow more fervently after him
  • Get cracking and more serious with my marathon training
  • Enjoy life more
  • Keep the house cleaner
  • Get to bed at a better hour so I am not tired ALL of the time

Snacks I enjoy

  • granola bars
  • yogurt
  • dried fruit
  • chocolate
  • a cup of coffee, heavy on the sugar and cream
  • teddy grahams or goldfish crackers (stolen from the kids;-)
  • fresh baked goods
Five things I'd do if I were a billionaire...
  • Pay off debt.
  • Give generously to the church and other charitable organizations.
  • Buy a minivan for me so we can all fit easier and an Evolution for Michael so he's not working on his dumb car all the time.
  • Pay for my family and Michael's to move out here. We miss them so!
  • Travel around the world (Italy, cruise to some exotic islands, maybe even live in different places for a while just to try them out).
5 bad habits...
  • Craig's List
  • Anger
  • Pride
  • Talking at inappropriate times or too much
  • Saying idiotic things (mostly being accidentally rude, foot in mouth type stuff)

Places I've lived...
  • Chicago, IL
  • Casselberry, FL
  • Orlando, FL
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Roseville, CA
Jobs I've had...
  • Fifi's Poodle Palace-I washed dogs, painted their toenails, put bows in their hair and perfumed them, too. Seriously! First job.
  • Retail (County Seat, Circuit City, Petite Sophisticate)
  • Food (Angel's Diner, Barnies Coffee)
  • Cumulus Broadcasting-My college internship. I was the promotions assistant. The job rocked!! I got to do parades and other events, live broadcasts, even helped out with a morning show once.
  • American Real Estate and Financial Services-Marketing Assistant. First job out of college. I was told that I was so good at making copies! That made me proud;-).
  • Laser Institute of America-Marketing Coordinator. Got to travel around the country to do various trade shows and conferences.
  • Campus Crusade for Christ-Marketing Manager and eventually Event Planning Manager which I loved!! Great place to work.


2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hehe, I remember when you worked at Fifi's Poodle Palace...actually I remember when you worked at all those places. The job of SAHM is so much more rewarding though, isn't it!

Anonymous said...

I remember those jobs also. It was always so funny how you described your day at Fifi's.

I still have a green shirt you bought me from County Seat. I guess it is getting a little dated, but it is so comfy. My kids always ask me when they see the label, "Where is County Seat?" Unfortunately I have to tell them that they went out of business ten years ago. Then of course their next response is "OMG, that shirt is OLD!" All this time I was thinking 32 was young.

How is your new job, didn't you start it on Friday?