12/14/2006

Fuzzy Wuzzy

I'll never forget the poem a boy in my eighth grade Gifted English class recited on the day that we had to dramatically present a memorized poem to the class.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?


He was the stoner kid in class. Were any kids in eighth grade really stoned? Hopefully not, but he seemed it. Kind of spacey and said "dude" a lot. Anyway, I digress...

I taught Lucas (my 21 month old) Fuzzy Wuzzy today and he loved it. He's got the first line down and wants to hear it again and again and again.

I hope that he knows better than to present it in class in eighth grade, though (first or second would be ok;-).

I wonder what became of the stoner kid and if he realizes that every time I think of him and his poem I chuckle. 17 years later and I still find it freakin' hilarious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why did you italicize poem twice? I can't figure it out, but everytime I read it, i say "PO-EM" in my head for emphasis because of the italics.

A guy in my office married a girl with the last name of stoner. Her name was Stacey Stoner. That makes me laugh.