3/08/2006

Face Plant

This morning, I was trotting down the stairs with Lucas in my arms and somehow missed the last step or two. I was miraculously able to protect him in my arms as I fell to the floor, landing on my foot in a very uncomfortable way. Luckily I didn't break it, though it smarted the rest of the day and hurts when I bend it a certain way.

Later in the afternoon at the park, Lucas followed his mama's example by face planting in the dirt. I picked him up quickly and saw him spitting out sand. And my boy didn't even cry. What a tough little guy.

At first, I was mortified that he had gotten the filth in his mouth and then I remembered the expression, "God made dirt, so dirt won't hurt." And I felt better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unless the dirt is located suspiciously close to a nuclear testing site, an industrial dumping facility, or perhaps a sewage treatment plant.

-Michael